Tuesday, June 30, 2009

All you can eat single track buffet

Holy s#%t, I have never ridden so many good trails! Its unreal. If its not hand-built flowy its perfectly designed tech. And we have 4 more days to go...

Pretty much your ultimate mtb trip- get up, eat, ride on a guided course of the best local trails all day, come in and re-load for the next day. I imagine I'll be ready for the end in a couple more days but for now I am stoked!

Our luck looked to be turning yesterday but we ended up getting lost and losing about 10 minutes. We rode hard through traffic and looked to be salvaging when Bart's chain broke- a first in something like 15 or 20 years for him I guess. A quick fix and we still finished OK.

Today we had another decent ride and have been able to ride smooth and fast in the single track. Killer dinner tonight at a little Lebanese place. Home made buffalo meatball kebabs, hummus, pita, baba ganoosh and potatoes. Chocolate cake for desert.

Forgot the camera so I can't load the pics of the sunset I got from out beachfront campsite in Parksville last night.

4:30 am wake up call tomorrow for 2 ferries and 2 bus rides and an 11 am start. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment