Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mohican 100

So we are going to the Mohican 100 in Ohio at the end of the month. Its been a few years since I've done a 100 mile race and I am trying to figure out how to prepare for it. I got this suggestion from Jeremiah Bishop:

"I would recommend doing a tough 6 hour ride mid this week with tempo on all the climbs and then do the last 2 climbs as hard as you can! Good practice for the nutrition and attrition!"

Hmmm, well I didn't have 6 hours so I figured I could adapt it in to a day of work and just do 4 hours. I busted out of the house in a rush and hopped on the mountain bike yesterday afternoon. Three hours and 50 miles of pavement on my mtb later I rolled in to Soldier Hollow just in time for the biathalon. Up Emigration, Parleys, Deer Crest @ DV then down 40. Probably not the best way to prepare for racing this weekend but I am trying to get some long rides in with a little intensity thrown in to get ready for the blistering pace @ the Mohican. Will have to see if it helps at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment